PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots threaten to strike over fatigue concerns - Telegraph
Old 6th Jul 2016, 15:42
Pakehaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiglet quote" Tiredness is also often self induced or at least under an individual's control. It is up to everyone to take personal responsibility for their rest; you should know what hours and lifestyle the job entailed before you started; if you are not suited you shouldn't have become a commercial pilot."

Obviously the ramblings of a mgt pilot or non pilot.I have just finished a 5 day with 2 of those days at 7.59 hrs(block)12.20(duty) on the back side of the clock,I never induced anything,and the pairing was certainly not under my control.Its what we do!!Its called flying in shatty weather,being at high levels of responsiveness,IMC approaches etc etc...I want to Chunder when I hear .."you shouldn't have become a commercial pilot"crap.Get a few hours under your belt sonny,work for shat airlines and a few of them,and then come back and tell Me I should have known what I was in for ,STREWTH!!! ,as the previous poster put it,GET REAL!