PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2016, 12:23
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Never mind the chaff....there is some Wheat amongst the posts!

I am learning far more about Gearbox design and manufacturing, heat treatment, gear coatings, and bearing wear than I ever have....which does make for an interesting read of some of the posts.

This is a very serious situation, not only for AH and the Operators, but the Industry as a whole to include the Authority's that Certify Aircraft.

To lose two aircraft and all of the people in them as has happened....requires the causes be definitively identified no matter how much it costs or however long it takes.

It will require the dropping of Shields by every involved party if that is to happen.

There lies the major problem in my view....as there are too many vested interests that might not be as candid in their review as might be required.

We had a similar situation back when the 92 was having its problems but at least part of that was due to it being a brand new Machine having its teething problems. Those issues seem to have been identified and resolved.

Hopefully, the Gearbox issues with the 225 will be resolved as well and the Aircraft can be returned to service.