PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Voyager "Cam Force One" - Inaugural Flight this Friday
Old 6th Jul 2016, 09:12
NutLoose

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,249 Posts
That looks so different from the Royal Fit used in the VC10 era that I do wonder if HM would ever choose to use it. No separate VVIP compartment? No private sleeping accommodation? I wonder who was consulted on the layout?
I would imagine any curtain dividers etc, if there are any, are removed simply for the photograph, as they used to carry press and all the other hangers-on etc, one would imagine they would have some kind of separation.
The seats look like sleepers hence why they are staggered, possibly with a TV in the back of each service unit, though I can only remember having a bed fitted once on board and that was if memory serves me correctly locally purchased in the USA for Charles and Diana, as it wasn't fitted by use prior to it departing to go on some favourite charity fund raiser, we thought it rather incredulous that the announced funds raised were less than we figured the Ten cost to put on.