PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2016, 12:54
megan

Received 398 Likes on 210 Posts
And your point is?
He is too modest to admit to such, but CS is a highly experience jet operator to Antarctic airfields. Note what he said, "Whiteout had obviously been covered in training and we'd talked about it a few weeks before. I summonsed to forecaster to flight deck pointed out the cloud and descended to about 7500' (the ground had dropped away further by this stage). We flew along in the bright sunshine and as we went under the edge of the cloud, the forecaster was absolutely speechless for about ten seconds then uttered various exclamations of disbelief. Even though it had been covered in all the theory, the disorientating bowl of milk outside was beyond comprehension."
Who was it who said that youth was wasted on the young?
Well, you're proof positive that wisdom doesn't reside in some of the elderly.
As to whether he was actually VMC, are you seriously contending that he was? The aircraft was flown into the side of a mountain which, I accept, no-one ever saw. So what more evidence can one possibly need?
You continually amaze me with your continued ignorance, which you quite proudly display. It's a pity you don't stop reading your own posts and exercise some of the three I's - intellect, intelligence, insight.
It’s that he didn’t believe he was VMC accordingto himself: “Very hard to tell the difference between the cloud and the ice.”
That statement was made in the cruise when they still had about 140 miles to run.
It’s that he didn’t believe he was VMC accordingto himself
That is not the situation at all. He was VMC laterally, but the vision ahead deteriorated - whiteout, surfeit of light. No different to the Commander, VMC laterally, but no effective vision ahead - black, devoid of light.