PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 4th Jul 2016, 08:25
BugSmasher1960

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oakape
I remember watching a video years ago during an EP's course, of an aircraft with a brake fire after landing. The video had an audio track of the conversation between the flight deck & the fire commander. The captain held off on the evacuation under the advice of the fire commander, as the fire crews worked to get the fire out. It took over 10 minutes as I recall. A heck of a long time for the people on board to be wondering what was going on.

However, it was lauded as the correct thing to do in the circumstances & that was why we were watching the video.

Funny how things have changed over the years & now all the 'experts' on here have a different opinion. Sure, everyone has the right to an opinion & the right to express it. However, being so dogmatic about it to the point of ridiculing anyone with a different opinion is not only arrogant & uncalled for, it shows a distinct lack of one of the main attributes of a good pilot - being willing to consider other ways of doing things & therefore being willing to learn.

Everyone on here has zero knowledge of what went on in the flight deck & some should back off & wait for more information before strutting around with their chests puffed out declaring how much better they are at commanding an airliner than the guy in the hot seat on this occasion, along with any on here who happen to disagree with them.
Hands down the most diplomatic and on-point post I've read on this thread yet.