PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 4th Jul 2016, 05:40
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
As someone whose past job description included having to face the cameras and next of kin, I find one aspect of this incident particularly noteworthy and potentially disturbing:

I'm sure this forum is monitored by SQ communications department, and they are well aware that many of the posts are, to put it mildly, somewhat negatively biased against the fine carrier. The way to put that right is to issue a statement that the decision not to evacuate was made by the crew in communication with ARFF taking all factors into consideration, in the interest of safety for all on board (never mind if not entirely true, press statements are not given under oath). Given the unquestionable professionalism of the SQ PR team, the only reason I can imagine this is not being made is that the truth is far more embarassing than keeping silent and letting all the quibble go on. It is highly unusual for a major airline not to make any comment whatsoever following an incident of this magnitude.