PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help please identifying photo details
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2016, 20:19
paulrds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location Found

Hi, Lestermay

I came across this picture recently and I know the location as it is in fact, my house! Currently, I am writing this from the window on the right hand side - my livingroom, the former dining room of the mansion. In the 1970's the mansion was split into 4 houses. The house is actually Woodside House, about 100 yards from the RM Condor Marine base. Our garden backs onto the Condor base. It was occupied by the Navy during the war and the ten years which followed before being returned to the Grant family (descendants of Provost Grant). Provost Grant was a boot maker who made his fortune with three shoe shops in Arbroath and a shoe factory. He was instrumental in bringing electricity, water supply and making the Victoria Park in Arbroath, and a road to the famous cliffs at Arbroath.

I hope you find this information useful, even if it is 6 years later. If you have any questions about Woodside House please do not hesitate to ask! I could hardly believe it myself when I came across this picture...

Paul