PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Training department roster
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2016, 17:46
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montencee
Don't worry fellas, the company won't miss you. Looking at a swap earlier today I happened to notice that the swappee is in training to be a trainer. I know him well enough to know that he's had his command five and a half minutes, no previous training background or command time, staff number well into the s40s. Further research showed that he's not on his own.
I too have seen some of the new LTC's, and wondered on which experience they actually going to train.. Nothing wrong with a new trainer: everybody has to start somewhere, but I would like to believe that you would need some actual command experience before you can train an upgrade on 'soft skills'.

Conditions for the new LTC scheme have changed dramatically from the old TRI-AO's as in it is now a pay-per-duty appointment. 500 Dhs per training duty vs. a monthly appointment pay. Another erosion of our conditions. Wondering how long it's going to take to have pay per duty TRI and TRE's?

And last but for sure not least, I guess a lot of the line guys who are lining up to become a LTC still have the impression that trainers are in a better bidding position with a better lifestyle. It is clear that these people haven't been looking at some random rosters from trainers lately, this is for sure not the case anymore.

MR8