PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford Flying Legends 2016 ticketing
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2016, 16:35
JEM60

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep. Not a bit happy with this. Judging by the poor Saturday attendance on the May Saturday show, there were an awful lot of people of the same mind.
Last year, I had a friend arrive from Florida to see the Vulcan fly at Shuttleworth, and then go on to Legends. He did not arrive with me until late the previous day.
We did not discover that it was a sell-out until late the evening before the show. Despite having no tickets, we attended, explained our dilemma, and , without hopefully getting anyone in trouble, common sense prevailed, and we were admitted.
We were most grateful for Shuttleworth's sympathetic attitude to our plight, but will it always be thus??
Kenny is not coming this year, because of the ticketing situation.
Surely the only sensible answer is the one that my wife has just given. That is to have an inter-changeble ticket, valid for either day, but not both. Then it doesn't matter which day, Duxford still has your money!.
[She gets in free,'cos she works in the F.O.D tea tent!.The good looking petite blonde, but I would say that wouldn't I with her looking over my shoulder!]