PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2016, 11:39
megan

Received 413 Likes on 214 Posts
negligent captain and the useless first officer.
You forgot the negligent and useless airline.
I thought the usual practice when quoting someone was identify the person quoted and, preferably, where the passage is to be found
Pot, kettle. You keep making statements as if they are fact without any reference. And you're usually wrong, which I assume is why you never include a reference. Any student of the accident would instantly recognise from where the quotes come. I usually say "Chippindale said", but omitted in this case. Get off your high horse you fool.
pilots would receive contradictory information about the position of an important waypoint and not question the briefing officers,then you’ve probably an 18-year old having some fun online.
Hang on a minute, I'm not that old. You obviously have no understanding of human physiology, and what has primacy, visual v aural.
The first quote looks like something from Chippindale. It appears that you regard this gentleman as an incompetent fool
Not at all. The only fool I've come across is your self - I was going to say good self, but that would be stretching the truth far too far.
All the pilots believed that the waypoint was 27 miles west of McMurdo Station.
So they did, read what they effing said.
How are we supposed to overhead McMurdo Station for the cloud-break procedure if it’s not on the nav track?
The same way they were going to on the route that had been in place for 14 months you fool.
Then think about Captain Simpson, and his leaving the briefing under the assumption that the waypoint was 27 miles west of McMurdo Station - which, for his flight, it was. What, therefore, was there anything for him to be surprised about? Why would he have performed two manual updates to the AINS? The plain fact is that Captain Simpson believed the waypoint was in the general vicinity of McMurdo Station and he was surprised when he discovered it wasn't. After his flight he rang Captain Johnson and suggested that future crews be told where the waypoint was so as to avoid an unnecessary manual update.
Really? And what is the reference for that little gem that you seem happy to bludgeon others about?

I think Morrie had your type in mind for high office within the airline.