PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 21:02
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not read online one person in a forum who has even slightly attempted to defend TCT's apparent behaviour.
I'm thinking big picture about what can be defended in TCT's behaviour, as described in this thread.

Honour? I can't find a way to defend the "honour" she has demonstrated in respect of misrepresentation, self aggrandizement, and accepting awards seemingly undeserved for the Stearman flying. I have no knowledge nor comment about other piloting she may have undertaken.

Airmanship? Chopped up a parked R44? Crashed on a planned departure over what appeared to be more or less level ground? Reported as requiring assistance in navigation while reported as using a GPS? I guess that other flights accomplished which were unremarkable are defendable, but then lots of pilots perform those every day, and without "history", so I'd rather defend them first.

Promotion of GA? Well, maybe. She's drawing attention to GA. Embarrassing attention in my opinion, but some say any press is good press. If so, maybe we can thank her for making the rest of us look better by comparison, while reminding the public that little planes can fly big places.

The big benefit from all of this? Quietly, some organizations are likely rethinking how awards and accolades are presented. That's a good thing - the people who most likely deserve them are more likely to receive them.