PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing Sayings
Thread: Amusing Sayings
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 19:49
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another one springs to mind from my time at JATE. We had a pilot who particularly liked a drink. I know we all do but this was really to excess. On one occasion the Army Capt trials officer who had been in the mess the previous evening refused to fly on the sortie the following morning.

The phrase was coined " You are not allowed to drink within 50 yds of the aircraft or smoke 8 hrs before flying".

There was hell to pay. But it was swept under the carpet.

Same Army Capt who was of Punjabi extract but from Bolton. We were in the bar one evening after dinner. King Housains crew used to stay over when the King was visiting UK for treatment. These guys were only about 5 ft nothing. how did their feet reach the pedals. One of these guys exchanged Arabic greetings with a waving of hands. Said Indian responded in a Lancashire accent "ehy up lad" or something similar.
The next evening we took them out to a pub we used in Shilton Dip. One of these guys asked "do you like Ladies?" I did not twig but he was inviting me to take my pick in his hariem back in the desert