PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 15:02
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis,

It's all very well for somebody to have been nominated, and even considered, for an award.
Hopefully, just hopefully, there are checks and balances in place to ensure that such awards are properly considered and appropriate - rather than simply "at the discretion of ...".
How the Light Aircraft Association arrived at the conclusion that TCT merited their Bill Woodhams Trophy for a noteworthy "Feat of Navigation", I'd like to know.

Then, we have the Honourable Company of Air Pilots who, I understand, propose to bestow their Master's Medal at their annual awards night in October.
As a number of us saw earlier on this thread, TCT had been, gushingly, invited to be present at that event.
Just so it's clear to all, I'll quote from their Terms of Reference for Awards:

"The Master's Medal
Awarded to any person in aviation, at any time, for an act or other achievement in aviation considered worthy of the Medal, as soon as
the facts of the event are clear. (My bold).
This is intended to be an immediate award, made at the discretion of the Master and on the advice of the Trophies and Awards Committee."

We'll see, shall we?

Now I see in a post above, The Royal Aeronautical Society has been graciously honoured to have had that most distinguished Aviatrix, TCT, consent to unveil a monument to Britain's first 'solo aviator', Samuel Cody.
Aww ... Isn't that just so appropriate?

p.s. Guess where that unveiling was .... Yes, Farnborough... Does that come close to answering your earlier question, JS?
pps. I should add that the award SHE previously picked up at Farnborough was for Ewald's restoration of the Stearman.

Enough, I say!

Last edited by Stanwell; 2nd Jul 2016 at 17:11.