PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mental Health - Development of Stutter/Eye Twitch?
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 14:23
OnlyMeHere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mental Health - Development of Stutter/Eye Twitch?

Hi all, long time poster and reader of PPrune but didn't want to use my real username for obvious reasons... Hoping to seek a bit of advice from those more knowledgeable.

In the past few months I seem to have developed a stutter and irritating twitch of the eye-lids. I'm frequently finding that, for example, in a quiet office where I need to speak up and ask a question, the words simply will not come out. As hard as I try, I cannot physically get the words out of my mouth and just have to entirely scrap the question or try to rephrase it to get it out.

Additionally, I'm getting increasingly annoying twitches with both my eyelids which can last for days on end

Now a bit of background info

Just over a year ago I dipped into a pretty severe bout of depression/anxiety with an unsuccessful suicide attempt, by overdose. I was on SSRI's for a while but decided to come off them myself and went for cognitive behavioural therapy instead. 12 months down the line I'm still struggling but feel a lot better than I was, except for my sleeping routine.

I struggle to get more than 4-5hours sleep a night and despite reaching out to my local GP for help, haven't really gotten anywhere. I was given Zopiclone for a short period of time from my GP but he wouldn't issue it again due to it's addictive nature. Losing my mind with my inability to sleep, I resorted to sourcing Zopiclone from other sources and have been a regular user of the drug for 9months or so. Usually don't take more than 7.5mg per week, usually just to try me into the shift routine for the week.

Could the sudden development of stutter/twitches be resulted to fatigue, stress, or drug abuse? Any insight would be greatly appreciated