PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 12:53
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I first saw this thread a few weeks ago and browsed with a modicum of interest. I didn't know much about the lady in question, her flying or many of the various organisations and institutions who were recognising her achievements. I then came to comments from some well-respected members who were querying whether this was becoming a witch-hunt or indeed, libellous. It would now appear the story was neither a witch-hunt, exaggerated or untrue. To me, it has brought home the sort of difficulties whistle-blowers must face. It's not only those who have done wrong who try to denigrate the person making the accusation or those who are embarrassed to have been 'taken in' but also people who just cannot believe such cheating would take place. From what I see, some large corporations, charities and professional aviation institutions need to take a look at the positions they have previously taken on this saga and make their feelings known before the Mail story gets wider attention.

http://web.archive.org/web/201502042...om/operations/

Last edited by strake; 2nd Jul 2016 at 14:34. Reason: Following PM's, link to original webpage showing claim to solo flight.