PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 09:44
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I arrived at MAN T1 last night too. Around 15 mins in Border Control area at around 11ish.

Frankly I think the attitude to length of queue depends on your own circumstances. If you've just enjoyed chilling in the sun for two weeks and you've got to wait for bags through the BC area even 30 mins is not too bad for most.
However if, like me last night, you've been away working half the week (helping the UK's exports), you've missed the first part of the weekend with your family, you've made two flights to get there but you have only hand baggage....well even a 5 minute queue is going to pi$$ you off.

What really grates is the whole aggressive shouting that goes on by staff in the area. For a first time visitor it must be totally intimidating and a shockingly bad welcome to the city / country.
If some of the 'shouters' stopped shouting and got behind one of the frequently unmanned desks maybe the queues wouldn't be so bad.

(Also noted the sick AA aircraft parked up and made a note to self to continue to avoid said airline - utterly unreliable).