PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 medical
Thread: Class 1 medical
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2016, 07:27
capricorn744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question too regarding my Class1 medical test: I am 69, and since I turned 60, my 6 month tests at the local AeMC, approved by the local NAA (Southern Europe country), were the same as those I did before that age. When I did my last medical, I was asked by that organization for the first time, to produce by the next visit, an ECG unders stress (which is absolutely right by the present regulations) carried out, privately, at an esternal center, national (with extremely long waiting lists) or in a faster private one. That would result in loss of time (and its costs) and extra money: instead of paying a "political" tarif, I would be charged by a "market" price, on top of the "normale fare" they already apply...in the mean time, waiting for the "external" test, my medical has been put on hold. I am considering to sue that "approved" AeMC to the local NAA, "to copy" EASA, for this behaviour, which I consider illegal and discriminating.The "rumour" behind this "policy" seems that when initially they started with the "new procedure" (doing that test in-house) somebody nearly died, so the idea was to stay away from those risks in the future and "outsorce" the ECG under stress.
Any suggestion on for this case? Thank you for any input.

Last edited by capricorn744; 2nd Jul 2016 at 07:49.