PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Perth Open Day
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2003, 12:18
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ek Perth Open Day

Hi all,

Well the open day in Perth was a huge waste of time. There were about 160 people present so we waited for 2 hours for everyone to hand in their resumes.

We then watched the video on emirates and asked questions for another two hours about the company.

They then said thankyou for coming and they told us that the people they wanted to put through the group exercises they would call by 5pm last night for them to come back today. So much for giving everyone a fair go as in Sydney and Brisbane.

I knew about 5 people there at the open day, all expecting a chance at the group exercise etc, some with brilliant experience behind them etc and NONE of us got a call back. The rest of us go on file in Dubai and will be called next time they are in Perth! Hmmm, lets all sit around for another year so we can do this whole process over again.

It seems rude that in every other city, every person that walks in has a chance. Yesterday in Perth, they assured us that should we all have what it takes, they would invite us all back - but it seems to me they don't have a clue about people - as they are basing their call back decisions primarily on a brief resume rather than a persons actual ability to interact with others in the room. They should have least given us all a chance to sit through one group exercise before eliminating. There certainly were not 500 people plus as there were in Sydney in April, so I think 160 would be a lot more workable number.

It is a real shame that they have not learnt how to conduct their recruitment days properly. Many people, who would make fantastic cabin crew have missed their chance yet again, and I know I am not speaking alone on this issue.

However to anyone that did get a call back and was successful - i wish u all the luck in the world. Good on you! Please don't think me speaking my mind in such a way is directed towards any person that got through. I hope all goes well for you.

craic1510