PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BV 234 Performance Class 1 profiles
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2016, 23:25
John Eacott

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Again, AW009, you are not addressing the OP relating to PC1 for clear area and helipads. You have introduced OEI OGE hover to this thread and all the performance charts and videos you choose to show here do not address that. Nick has even pointed out that

1) HOGE and OEI are vastly different performance points, plotted differently and tested differently. We all know this.
He goes on to elaborate that whilst OEI OGE hover is a good predictor for Cat A from a rig,

3) I have cross plotted the performance of several helicopters, and it appears that when the helo has a weight of about 120% of the weight where it can HOGE OEI, it can make a rig takeoff with dip down and then fly the full Cat A profile. In other words, if it has OEI power equal to the twin power needed to HOGE, it can then be loaded to 20% more weight and make a PC-1 takeoff.
That 20% extra is a significant variation from the weight restriction demanded by adhering to OEI OGE hover limits; which is the topic of this thread.

I'm just waiting that the weisenheimer are spoofimg and tolling against Nick Lappos? but this courage they won't have!
I know Nick very well and am quite happy to take on anything we disagree about, but the weisenheimer in this (and some other threads) is you, AW009. Burst into a forum and throw your opinions and weight around and you should eventually expect a resistance, especially when you denigrate others who are debating the topic and not your offshoot/pet theory.