PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Sully" The Movie.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2016, 16:45
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I'm now going to commit heresy so, first: The ditching with no minutes warning, at very low altitude whilst still in the intial stages of climb out AND whilst over a significant part of the world - was brilliant.

But, I could not help noticing that he was deeply fortunate that the Hudson was on the ebb and was heading in the same direction as he wanted to go. So the ditching was with the tide, not against it. Had the wind and tide been opposite, he might not have had the height to orientate to where it was going - even if that info was available to eyesight when you're doing so much else. I sit to be corrected on this.

I realise that the meedja folks want to make money out of anything but, I don't see how you make a whole movie out of an event that was less than 10 minutes start to finish? The actual time from strike to stopped in the water was, I think, even less?

I am sorry to hear that the First Officer has been sidelined by the flaming meedja. As to Cpt Sullenberger stuffing it to his employer? Go boy go. [They don't like it up 'em Captain]