PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More unheard of ideas: NG speed restriction
Old 1st Jul 2016, 14:50
Pin Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the replies. That's the beauty of PPRUNE, we are globally connecting as operators in our magnificent industry.

I am sure the founder, Danny Fyne will be proud of this and create discussion of items that are not really mentioned in official documents and non official ones.

From Europe, I personally know and witnessed that our founder would have conducted many high speed descents. Yes agree that workload can rise if not properly briefed, managed and flown but at the end of the day we have to be efficient in what we do behind safe and secure.

I question why they are not deemed efficient even though the thrust levers close at ToD and as part of a CDA possibly spool up at 1400ft all to become stable. Lowering the EGTs and saving fuel make them all worth doing and also makes us fly the a/c, which truthfully is becoming a lost skill.

In Europe many a charter outfit have save thousands of pounds in the process and have at times saved airlines from bankruptcy by being a sound effecient pilot.

So back to the original question, assuming no ATC speed restriction and deletion of 250 below 10000 there is no restriction on the NG?

Thank you