PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 1st Jul 2016, 11:55
birmingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AnFI
Concentric
You are spot on. I was chilled to read the number of critical processes that are required. So many opportunities for error.

Serial risk of 1000 processes, maybe 10000? Still hoping to acheive 1x10^-9? daft unrealistic nonsense
Concentric/AnFi

Given the complexity of the manufacturing process and the many steps necessary to ensure that a pristine product performs safely, it struck me as odd that a unit that had been damaged in a road accident was repaired and returned to service.

Now I know we have no idea whether it was a contributing factor and clearly we can't just throw away expensive kit at the drop of a hat, but safety critical components with very limited opportunities for redundancy such as an MGB? If such a thing receives a shock loading outside of its normal operational environment which causes damage which needs to be repaired, surely it would be prudent to write it off as an insurance loss. I am not familiar with the overhaul that was carried out but it would be close to impossible to ensure the safety standards inherent in the manufacturing process or a routine overhaul from normal wear and tear.