PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2016, 20:27
skyhawk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazza_fly
To be fair it didn't. They created a seperate brand JMC to focus on the tour operator side of the business and created an in house airline JMCair by merging i believe Flying Colours and Caledonian. The brand was actually well recieved by the British public and knew it was associated with the long standing trusted brand Thomas Cook. Thomas Cook decided to streamline the business and put emphasis again on its Thomas Cook brand and heritage in around 2003. They rebranded the airline as we know to Thomas Cook Airlines and phased out the JMC holiday brand by the late 2000s.
JMC came about when sun world and sunset joined forces along with air world, flying colours and Caledonian. Remember unwrapping the package ads on TVs. Only lasted a couple of years as in my opinion bad management destroyed good names. To get back on track they rebranded again to Thomas Cook to try and get business back. I think it's a big mistake getting rid of Thomson name in uk as it's very well known and probably quite trusted.