PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 30th Jun 2016, 02:19
skytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mnttech
Well, short of just grabbing xxx people off the street and burning the aircraft, this good start.
Thank you for that reply. It saved me from looking for the info and posting.
The wikipedia experts are hard to convince.

The big majority of the evacuations carried out by the cabin crew have been successful.
They always did what they had to and most of the time went beyond duty.

Statistically, CC are doing an amazing job at getting ppl out in less than 2 minutes. A huge amount of time is spent on door operation and evacuation during training.

If you see the cabin crew taking no action it is because they know better. Do you think they want to put themselves and you in any danger!?
Always follow their instructions and as long as they are at their stations and not incapacitated, never attempt to take over.

In this case, captain was in charge and everyone was waiting for his/her instructions. Captain's decision was that it was safer inside while RFFT attended the fire......
Even so, CC would have initiated the evacuation would the inside conditions have changed during the firefighting process.

RFFT at Changi are very good. Well trained, good equipment and with solid procedures.
As it has been explained, RFFT will do their best outside and may recommend evacuation via radio or hand signals if radio is inop.
The decision rests with Captain. I personally won't comment on that. I leave it to other Captains.

Last edited by skytrax; 30th Jun 2016 at 03:08.