PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2016, 22:38
3 Holer
Whispering "T" Jet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a foolish comment to make, and it was this that the Court of Appeal and the Privy Council had the most issue with.
Rubbish.
It was a legal loophole that allegedly didn't allow testimony by certain witnesses during the Mahon Inquiry that the Privy Council had issue with. I notice that none of those professed legal experts ever considered what Collins and his crew may have testified to. Posthumously, they were treated very badly. However, the public saw the Appeals Court/Privy Council finding for what it was and there was a big backlash.

There simply weren't sufficient grounds to allege that a co-ordinated cover-up had taken place.
Media speculation. I don't recall anywhere in Mahon's report referencing a co-ordinated cover up. Mahon and Vette stuck to the facts, it was only the Muldoon/Davis camp that were trying to divert the issues away from the truth.

As is, of course, an airline shredding documents pertaining to the Antarctic operation. To this day I find it astonishing that this wasn't breaking any law!
Shredding documents is not against the law. Tons of old Company documents are shredded daily. You cannot rely on media speculation as fact Papa Hotel 6. Was there ever any proof that the shredded documents were anything to do with the Antarctic operation? Mahon and Vette had more important work to do without bothering with a couple of shredded documents.

Last edited by 3 Holer; 30th Jun 2016 at 02:28. Reason: Clarity