PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transiting at Frankfurt T1
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2016, 19:56
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alserire
If it's the 05.55 and you have 1hr 40m changeover time then you'll be fine. The early LH from Dublin is rarely, if ever, late. Likely to get an air bridge too in FRA as the early departures are all gone. I'd say you'll be fine.
Sorry but that certainly isn't always the case. Booked on the 05.55 A321 from Dublin at the end of August last year to connect with Houston A380 departing at 10.00 local. Departed Dublin on time and landed fifteen minutes ahead of gate time at 08.35 on the remote runway. Fifteen minute taxi with a couple of stops on the way to the furthest remote stands from the terminal. Five minute wait to get on first bus. I assume the taxiway stops and the delay in the bus finding the aircraft was due to a ground handling cock up. Bus dropped at A gates entrance, our departure from Z54.

My wife and I were 64 and 68 respectively but are both regular travellers and physically fit. There followed a fifteen minute hike up and down stairs with a short trip on a train, security (thankfully without long lines) a wave of the passport and we arrived at the gate to find boarding more than half complete.

Compared to the alternative using BA over LHR T2 to T5 transfer, this was more frenetic but LH is so much better than BA.