PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P8 procurement
Thread: P8 procurement
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2016, 19:08
QTRZulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retro,

As ex-military and still (just) an oil and gas worker, I can say that revenue from the North Sea will be subdued for many more years to come. All the industry experts and insiders are all saying so, and the imminent laying off of another 1000+ where I work all point to this, so it must be true. The SNP dodged a bullet when the vote went against them although they will never admit it publicly.

As for IndyRef2, I work with guys who are long standing SNP die-hards and they do not want another referendum anytime soon (although they still want independence). The trouble with the current situation is that support for the SNP and in particular their party membership rocketed from around 20K to 120K+ active members around the last referendum. It is unfortunate that the new 100K+ are all fanatical about independence and they will ultimately force the party into another referendum whether Sturgeon et al are ready for it or not. They have a party conference planned for this Autumn, so I would expect an announcement around then as their hand will be forced by a fervent party membership that is baying for any opportunity to rid itself of the shackles of Westminster irrespective of the consequences.