PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 29th Jun 2016, 12:53
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by underfire
Videos from inside the ac show that the passengers were screaming and begging to get out. Other parts of the video show a significant amount of fire....

http://yahoo7g-a.akamaihd.net/237698...8409403001.mp4
perfect video - strong wind is blowing flames and smoke AWAY from cabin (good) once 777 stopped.

another video shows the fire developing on the roll out and taking huge hold as it stops - the fire was not happening prior to landing but happened during the landing it seems.

ATC would/should surely in the roll out have said to FD ''your right wing/engine has large flames'' - THINK Concorde CDG T/O
until that point and in the APP and T/D the crew were obviously relaxed in their manner prior to T/D as they had not called for the AFS to meet them and were seen confident on R/T all would be OK by negating assistance.

crew Must have got a call from ATC during the landing they were on fire -- As they then rolled to a full stop and did not turn off (thankfully, think MAN KT 737) AND the AFS was half way to the 777 during the landing roll having been ordered there
thus shut ENG down should have been immediate having already been told you have large flames right side and call should be CC told EVAC LHS doors only.

aircraft would have been EVAC'D all OK from all L side doors and pax getting off by the time the first AFS vehicles were getting into position and spraying first foam.

(and dont give me this crap about how do we define L or R? - L1 is an L1 door and R1 is R1 door in 'our speak' so do you expect me to believe an airline prof or ground crew could mess that up? NOT UGH)

OK I am fully are of the Eastern hierarchy culture that has existed and still does and did that play a part here in some or all areas of comms? FD CC ATC and even AFS??

the photos on a post above of the PWA B737 wreck that burned on landing are remarkably similar to the KT B737 that burned out at MAN in 1985

Last edited by rog747; 29th Jun 2016 at 14:07.