PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 29th Jun 2016, 03:17
gatbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please do not take my post as advocating the crews decision, the fact is I don't have the facts to say whether what they did was right or wrong (in my eyes).

We have all seen the video, the aircraft was pretty full in the economy section that had a very good view of the fire and I didn't hear anyone panic at all, so I would say that the passengers who were actually on board that flight thought that the situation was in hand (at least during the short clip that we saw).

Someone asked if I discuss what if scenarios. Of course I do, it's an important part of TEM and also the decision making process when considering various options. If we don't think about the 'what ifs' then we shouldn't be sat in the flight deck.

Anyway enough from me, my 2 pence worth (used to be £2 but since Brexit it has devalued) will be swallowed up by another 10 pages of posts predominantly stating things that, currently, will not be backed by having all the facts, but I guess that is the PPRuNe way these days.

Regards,

GBD