PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2016, 11:41
NutLoose

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I get the feeling you think it takes a couple of days... It will take longer, how much depends on what is found - for example evidence of a repair. The only way to be sure an undocumented repair is done correctly is to replace it. Robbing other airframes won't help unless their paper trail is complete.
I understand that, but what I was trying to get across is if you find an aircraft that has had none recorded repairs on it, it goes to the back of the queue, you then look at the other components on it and if you have items that have a paper trail, you rob those to service items on the fleet that haven't, those items that haven't are then dispatched for overhaul or replacements ordered, you then eventually end up with parts of the fleet returned to service relatively quickly and can then start on rectifying the problems on those with repairs etc.
As said it is all a mess.

Tucumseh,
Over complication, trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, unfortunately I should imagine it is a one standard contract format that covers everything from a simple glider up to a A400.
Even the CAA or should one say eASA, realise there are differences and the licencing and approval systems differ in both compliance and complexity requirements.
Totally agree Engines, they are making mountains out of molehills.