PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian VS Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2016, 08:58
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little human interest story, maybe reflecting upon what tripulante521 said:

"The busiest time of year is right around the corner with millions of Norwegian customers about to go on vacation. Unfortunately, our summer operation is facing challenges due to erroneous planning causing considerable lack of pilots."
Norwegian förstörde Erica och Almas Londonresa | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Flygbolaget Norwegian meddelade först att planet var försenat och skulle lyfta 16.45 och sedan 16.50.
– Strax efter fyra får jag ett sms från Norwegian att det var inställt. Det var många som var upprörda, säger Erica Nilsson.
[...]
Att flyget ställdes in skyller Norwegian på följdförseningar under dagen som slutligen resulterade i att personalen ombord på flight D82853 skulle överstiga lagstadgade arbetstidsbestämmelser.
My translation:

Norwegian first announced the flight would be late and would take off, first at 16:45, then at 16:50.
- A few minutes after 16, I get a text that the flight is cancelled. Many people were upset, says Erica Nilsson.
[...]
Norwegian claims that the cancelled flight was due to accumulated delays during the day, which eventually meant that the crew of flight D82853 would have to break working time regulations.

----

To set things straight: All passengers was offered the chance to re-book their tickets on any other Norwegian flight, or even get a refund. What I find interesting is that this took place in the first place, considering what you guys have said previously in this thread.

I would also like to point out that this is the image Norwegian have in Swedish media nowadays. Everything was very positive in the beginning, reports about our Norwegian neighbour accomplishing such a feat (as in: getting into the flying business, buying brand new high tech airplanes like the 787) were plenty.