PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2016, 01:57
Lonewolf_50

Received 398 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by AW009
The present thread has the wording ’End of H225’ and e.g. not ’Sympathy for or antipathies against ABH" or[I] 'Prosperity of AW189’.
Not sure who is bringing AW 189 into this discussion: not me, maybe you? (Or someone else?)
Three AS532U2 are introduced by German FMOD for Governmental VIP Services and are currently grounded by the Commander of the German Air Force Lieutenant General Karl Müllner. To declare again readiness of those helicopters is now a technical question and will be directly dependant to the further investigations of AIBN and to the future decisions of EASA and won't be standing any longer under any influence of any lobbyist in FMoD or by the 'porveyor to H.M'.
Good. On topic. Question: do you think the German MoD decision will have an influence on other nations who have mil versions in their fleet (For example Brazil?)
or
are the configurations different enough to make such a decision by one MoD of little influence on another MoD's airworthiness decision?

N.B.: I'm writting here in PPRuNe as a pilot, technican, former officer and as an empowered citizen with the constitutional right of free expression to the respective topics
Accepted as offered. You are also indulging in personalization of an argument; please don't, mein freund.
For the record:
1. Not bluster. Statement of fact (current employment).
2. "I have no dog in that fight" is an idiomatic expression in English meaning that I am not emotionally invested one way or another in an issue. (For example, I am neither pro nor anti Airbus; I am neither pro nor anti Bell; I am neither pro nor anti Boeing; etcetera). It's meaning is not as you implied, that someone is referring to another in a discussion as a dog. (The allusion is to dog fighting where two people might be wagering on a battle in the ring, and someone can be a spectator but not "have a dog in that fight" i.e. he's not bet on either dog in that particular match).

Let's try to stay on topic. I certainly shall do my part.