PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 28th Jun 2016, 00:12
Adamk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello all!

Hello!

My name is Adam and I am 16 from Newcastle! I'm often found at the foot of either Runway 07 or 25 at Newcastle International; it's fair to say aviation is the thing I have the most passion and drive for.

Why, you may wonder, am I here? Pure and simple: advice! With so many conflicting views regarding the best route to the flight deck, I thought I best join somewhere which can help me sort the fact from the fiction from what I have read and heard, in the hope that, one day, I will be able to give advice to others where I am now.

My aspiration is to be a commercial pilot, I don't care for which airline (within reason!), I just want to fly.

My post centres mainly around my aim to begin training for my PPL and also which A level subjects I have chosen.

Although I have not yet committed to anything, I think I will be studying A levels in Biology, Geography, Government and Politics and History. It is my understanding that maths and physics are non-essential, which is excellent as on the whole they are not my strongest subjects, but I fully understand the areas relevant to flight (it's circle theorems and optical fibres that go over my head ).

In regards to whether or not it is a good idea to do my PPL now, please let me know. I want to begin training over the summer, since I have 11 weeks of freedom. I doubt it will be, but please asvise if this is a bad idea.

I hope that is all leads nicley on to integrated training for an ATPL licence, but, if it doesn't, please tell me

Thank you very much for reading this far, and I look forward to being a part of this forum