PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2016, 20:21
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I have no personal agenda regarding anyone in this saga not least TCT.

Steve Slater is the paid chief executive of the LAA and as such has responsibility to his members.

Given all the facts that are in the public domain it is apparent she was given the navigation award without have to do the navigation. Quite apart from the airline pilot owner of the Spirit of Artemis being in the front seat she also had a support crew in another aircraft.

All the nav and met was done for her so please explain how she warrants an award?

What is wrong with the LAA chief exec saying we made a mistake and given new evidence we want to give it to the runner up? Has he ever convened a meeting regarding this issue?

As for the HCAP Masters Medal....while Tracey was waving to the assembled media in Sydney Tim Peake was orbiting the earth. I know who my choice for 2016 would be.

If the LAA and HCAP want to change the rules and make TCT's award a team effort then of course it moves the goalposts.

In my opinion Ewald deserves credit for a great looking Stearman restoration.He also appears to be every bit as photogenic as Tracey so why did they not use him in his role as restorer and pilot. She dismissed him as a "passenger" in the Arizona accident press coverage.

However I alerted the ABC in Australia in early May to the misreporting hence the correction on her Sydney story.

So when the Arizona incident occurred they reported..

Curtis-Taylor and crew member Ewald Gritsch managed to escape the crash unhurt, a fact she attributed to the plane's construction.
Adventurer Tracey Curtis-Taylor survives plane crash in Arizona Desert - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

By the time she was on BBC Radio 4's Midweek earlier this month Ewald was back to being a passenger.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 27th Jun 2016 at 20:49.