PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 27th Jun 2016, 15:25
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every emergency is not the same and it will be dangerous for passengers to be walking around when an aircraft is on fire. They could be run over by fire equipment (like the Asiana incident in SFO). I think in this SQ incident most people feel everyone was very lucky indeed.

May be good to view the Ci incident again. Less then 2 mins after the video started we had the first explosion. The actual fire may have started a minute or two before the vid began. The EVAC was called immediately as you can see the rear slide out and passengers exiting and the front slide was just inflating.

One brave ground crew even came around with a fire extinguisher. Brave but foolhardy move.

The Ci EVAC was a great call, had they been onboard during the first explosion, would not have been good.

By the time the trucks came around, they may as well have stayed back in the fire house, there was nothing to save.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyZ...1ZLM4p_VmMV3Uh

Wifey flying SQ 77W very soon. Lucky she is not concerned. There is a lot of trust in SQ. Its not Lion. The SQ crew also had nerves of steel to stay calm and NOT evacuate.

I would have busted open a door and possibly be jailed afterwards but I couldn't sit around especially if I saw the fire outside my window.

This fire seemed every bit as bad as the Ci Okinawa incident. It was just put out before the plane exploded...thank goodness.