PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2016, 14:57
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetblu, I somehow doubt that "our aviation journals" have the balls to publicly admit that their standards of journalism had been 'somewhat lacking'.
The only correction that I've seen so far is a small-print addendum to an amended report on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's website.
And, even that only related to the most outrageous of TCT's claims.

Call me cynical, but I've a feeling that most of them who originally published the stories based on the TCT machine's press releases would prefer to keep schtum and hope it'll all go away.
Principle? .. What's that? .. Oh, yes, but, given our tight margins, there's just not room for that these days.

I do hope you're right but TCT seems to have achieved her planned goal of, early on, firmly establishing in the gullible public's mind that she is indeed an outstanding Solo Aviatrix and Navigator - and therefore fully deserves to stand on the same podium as the aviation greats.
In fact, she's even on record as saying that, in some respects, she did it tougher than either of the aviatrices whose feats she claimed to be emulating.
I feel ill.

Last edited by Stanwell; 27th Jun 2016 at 15:39. Reason: add