PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2016, 12:35
NutLoose

Received 2,940 Likes on 1,252 Posts
Didn't anyone ever audit them, Christ, I have the CAA visit either annually or bi annually and they audit me to ensure the records are up to date and accurate, they do sample checks throughout the fleet logbooks, calling for work packs they wish to see, then do a traceability through the stores system to confirm parts used are correct, recorded and can be traced back to manufacture.
Any repairs are looked at and if drawings are used, that they are correct and that the paper trail is in place to backtrack what has been carried out, finally they also do a sample check of the fleet, to check the aircraft and ensure any Airworthiness Directives and lifed items are up to date and current. They then do a full facility and documentation audit , to check all manuals and data is current and the tooling is calibrated and in date .
I cannot believe how lax the RAF has become, how the hell can you ascertain the current build, mod state or fit of each airframe without documentation in place to show that.