PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Aussie companies sold- more wealth shipped off overseas
Old 26th Jun 2016, 13:32
FlyingChipmunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,
if you do not know who HNA is, you have lost your grasp on aviation.

When I left home, SYD, 7 years ago, I joined a HUGE Aussie expat community who will never return to work in OZ. I found out why very quickly. We will now only invest and return home to holiday regularly, baulk at the rising costs, smile wryly, and eventually retire at somewhere nice on the North Coast.

Aviation is Asia and Asia is aviation for the next few generations. China has outsmarted and penetrated OZ in ways you won't even notice. HNA owns everything. I mean everything.

Almost every tail, even Jackie Chan's Embraer ( hence the logo similarity), is owned by HNA. They then went on to build airports, buy hotels, ground transport companies, catering businesses, HR companies, flight training schools, aircraft interior manufacturers, .......should I go on?

Oh, and most if their crew hotels around the world. You name a brand of hotel, and they have a share in it. They even own restaurants around the world with massive crew discounts for affliated staff.

I cringe to hear of an ab-initio in OZ saying his life is aviation in OZ, unless Ambition does not hold priority over that surfboard and schonner. Hence, you now have reluctant pilots with families left behind from QF, Jetstar, VB, REX etc lining up for interviews in the Sandpit each day. Better late than never.

Tax free wages, or 12% taxes here in Sillypore....why not?

Fair dinkum aviation in Asia, like it or not, embrace this, if you can't beat it:

HNA Group: Group Profile

Oh, and they're trying to buy out our airports as well

Last edited by FlyingChipmunk; 26th Jun 2016 at 13:46.