PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotax 912 iS
Thread: Rotax 912 iS
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2016, 08:51
letpmar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
912is

I built own and operate a Sportcruiser with a 912uls and gave also just finished a Bristell with a 912is.
I think the remarks made that the ULS is a lot simpler are very true and cheaper if you do the usual low annual flying if mist users. There is a lot to be said for the ULS and I don't think you would be disappointed, It's by far and away the mist used 4 stroke out there, and I firmly believe in following the herd. We deliberately aimed for a very top speck aircraft with the Bristell with Twin Garmin Glass and autopilot, we chose the IS to match. So far we have only ground run it and it's smoother than the ULS. Rotax staff have told me it actually produces 105 horse but we will see. So far we are very happy with it but it's very early days. Having done both now the IS is a lot more complicated to install and we needed professional help, I would happily do a ULS myself. I use Gary Masters (air masters) and I give him our Sportcruiser every year for an annual as I like someone else to look at it. So the maintenance costs to us aren't that different. Give me a call if you want to look at both engines, I would suggest with less experience and fir a lot of people's flying the ULS is the best start.
Pete 07976262833