PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2016, 15:19
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
OK Danny, have just read that rather expanded post and my initial thought is that it is Deja Vu all over again! I seem to remember the exchanges about the instrument panel in question, leading to the conclusion that it was, in effect, a complete fake. Somehow a lot of those exchanges have become regurgitated as very recent ones (looking at the date/time groups), together with earlier problems of PM capacity. Why that should be so I have no idea. As you say, "There be gremlins in these parts".

As to the most recent candidate, I'm sure that your diagnosis is correct (it usually is! ;-). Whatever aircraft the panel is in, its layout is most probably updated for modern requirements.

I once had the privilege of sitting briefly in the LHS, behind the ship's wheel (for that is what it most closely resembled!), of the then recently restored to flying condition Lufthansa JU52/3M. I doubt if a third of the instruments were original, but the layout served modern regulatory requirements. Interestingly none of them were fuel gauges, as the original float sticks still served that purpose. Thus the outside was 100% authenticate, with the interior adapted to modern requirements. I imagine that the same effects are found on many vintage aircraft still flying.

http://goodmeetings.com/2016/03/junk...-aqui-only-ju/

Last edited by Chugalug2; 25th Jun 2016 at 15:46. Reason: Link