PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 25th Jun 2016, 14:19
RandyBMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BritishGuy
Every airline has pilots who take advantage of the system. Heck, every company (aviation or not) has a group of people that take advantage of the system. It wouldn't be such a drastic determent to operations in these people were properly staffed.

If you need a day off because of a headache before/after a day off, a Panadol won't do the job anymore. You'll have to give yourself an as*ache too by going to the Dr to get a sick note for the headache. Oh well, I suppose 2 can play at that game. They want a sick note, they'll get the sick note I suppose.

Again, short term plaster (band aid), for a issue they're not really willing to issue (the rosters and staffing issues).

The figures will look fine in the short term, until people get used to it and start calling sick again - and then what? What sort of a 'smack down' will they use then?

I will add however, I do NOT and I condone taking the p*ss with sick days, I'm an adult and the majority of the folks I fly with are. With that said, a genuine one day headache requiring a sick note just doesn't sit well with me.

Funny thing is 'focus groups' and 'ways to make things better' groups are being conducted at this time. For what? For them to pull these sort of stunts on us? Its almost like an olive branch with one hand and a slap in the face with the other.
BritishGuy - it's funny to hear they have groups to make things better today. Back in 2010 I was tasked with the same thing. I gathered lots of information, had meetings at the highest level, was reassured things would change, etc. I left three years later.

You can have all the focus groups you like, but if no action is taken on the (obvious if we're honest) recommendations, then really they aren't worth doing in the first place. You end up jading the people that actually believe a difference can be made.