PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2016, 09:22
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Apologies to all for an intrusion of a purely administrative nature. Hopefully I can keep it brief!

Danny, you sent me a PM saying that you are missing messages from your inbox that you haven't deleted. If I have this right then the only explanation that I can think of is that your PMs (sent, received, saved) have topped out at 150 (the max allowed). The total should show when you go to inbox.

If that is the case I suggest that you open a new file in My Docs called "PPRuNe PMs" or some such (Right click to create a new file).

Then go to your inbox where there is a section called "Older Messages" with a total (let's say 100) and a tick box next to it.

If you tick that box and then scroll to the bottom of the page you will find a menu for "Selected Messages".

I suggest "Download as text", then "Go", and the 100 messages will produce a text document of them all which you can select under "file" as "Save As".

Put a number like 001 at the end of the title you give it, and navigate the box above to My Docs, PPRuNe PMs (etc), and click Save.

Your older messages are now stored in that folder and can then be deleted en-bloc from your PMs with the same drop down menu at the bottom of the page but this time selecting Delete, thus reducing your content to 50 in our example. You should then receive new PMs.

Apologies if I misunderstood your PM, but I replied to no effect, hence my assumption that your inbox is full.

Hope all that helps. Apologies again to one and all.

"Bugler, sound the Carry-On!"