PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2016, 07:49
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AndrewH52

Part of me wants to cry because of the inability of the wheels of government to knock some heads together and get this done for a sensible price

Well we do at least agree on that point !

He's backed up by the guy who runs the biggest airline user of Heathrow who has a vested interest in not opening the place up to competition ? I'm shocked....

But all those who knock BA are in effect criticising the only show in town re " Hub Capacity".

Your reference to investment is factually correct, none of us at this end of the country are suggesting vast subsidies, but by the same token you would have to be blind not to see the economic benefits of investing in by way of example, transport which at this end of the country is in places, on its knees !

Would £1bn each to the West country, midlands, Liverpool, Leeds , Hull and Newcastle and of course Manchester really break the bank when compared to the unending gravy train of spend in the South East ?

One of the most telling comments on referendum night was by the BBC luvvie consigned to cover the Newcastle result ...

“this area has benefited from £90m of investment over 7 years so is expected to be a remain“

Oh my goodness £90m, yep £90m, if ever there was a case of a BBC reporter not having a clue about the value of money….

So essentially the total sum invested from Central Government over 7 years buys "wait for it" 3 mile of dual carriageway !

SPECTACULAR !

Last edited by Bagso; 25th Jun 2016 at 10:39.