PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASY_OUT
Thread: EASY_OUT
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2016, 21:18
Wageslave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its almost as staggering as the result of this travesty of "democracy" to read people saying Ryanair is in the same basket as EJ. I know logic and rationale have been suspended for the week but...

Let me try to explain in Senior Officer's terms...

Ryanair is an IRISH company. IRELAND is in the EU. What happens to their network after this "vote" is inconsequential. They continue to trade as before losing perhaps a handful of internal British routes.

Easyjet, on the other hand, is NOT going to be in the EU. It will therefore NOT be able to fly the - what? I guess - 90% of its routes that are EU to EU. Now I know maths and logic are not at a premium after today's vote but rest assured that this means EJ are quite likely to lose 90% of their network. How do you suppose that might affect EJ's business compared to Ryanair's?

Easyjet is done for, tragically. Ryanair and the other EU junk carriers will expand to fill the space in the next couple of years. Common sense can clearly play no part whatsoever and as our poor, sad, dying country no longer has any political clout what on earth do you think a mere failing loco airline might do to change matters?

Well voted, Lemmings!