PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AME Apprenticeships in WA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2016, 00:07
Hasherucf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you havent seen an apprentice in years, is that because companies are less willing to take them on, or because there simply arent enough people like me looking for an apprenticeship?
The mining boom is over and there is less certainty about licencing outcomes from training organisations. We aren't like plumbers or electricians. We don't graduate fully licenced .

Why do companies have to send to Parafield? What's over there that isnt anywhere else?
They are the closet Part 147 approved training organisation om WA. If your Diploma isn't from a 147 organistaion it's worth jack **** . TAFE Perth doesn't have approval so you CAN NOT get a licencing outcome from their CERT IV. Don't waste time on a cert IV or Diploma that cant be used for licencing. ATAE promised 147 , QIAE promised 147 . They both went broke and left students with nothing.

I see that the CASA website has a link to a list of Part 147 approved training facilities, but the link doesnt seem to work for me :? does anyone know where I can find this list?

There will be an error but you can still download the file on the page.