PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 16:41
HeavyMetallist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D Bru
Thanks, much appreciated.

Yes, I was hinting at that also, one would expect an interim report within one month.

One of the main issues one expects from such official interim report is of course the source and timing of this last radar contact, secondary or primary, following the cessation of the A/C transponder.

Remember that the Greek defence ministers' claim is that the manoeuvres of MS804 (90° left, followed by 360° right, rapidly descending) took place between 02:27 and 02:29 local, while the so-called transponder data recorded by several flight tracking sites show a continued constant heading and altitude until about 02:30.

This is crucially linked to the length/duration of FDR and CVR afterwards and what those data could bring into the investigation in addition to what we know.

Of course we can't discount FDR/CVR readout related clues before the general electric failure, these may be very important of course, but it seems to me that the events afterwards are equally important, if not more.

Anyhow, this first interim report is going to be already very important. Pretty unique it's not yet there (public).
I'm struggling to understand why you think that FDR/CVR data recorded before a complete loss of electrical power is likely to somehow be less important than knowledge of what happened afterwards? Once you get to the point where the flight recorders have packed up then it's very likely game over, so the key to identifying the accident cause would indeed be what happened before that point.