PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 16:20
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
underfire;

Your point has been addressed twice now. What further facts are you using to support "wondering again"?

If I may, it is apparent that you lack the knowledge necessary to make an informed comment. May I suggest that the BEA document on data recorders is worth reading. It can be found at https://www.bea.aero/uploads/tx_scalaetudessecurite/use.of.fdr_01.pdf

To put it in basic terms, the record of data retrieval is the statistic to examine, not the condition of the entire recorder installation.

To my memory there are only 2 examples* in which the aircraft crashed into the ocean from which the recorders themselves were not recovered. There are no examples of actual memory-module damage.

The delay in the 30-day required reporting period is not without precedent. However, as D Bru states, there are some things that can and certainly should be addressed while the data is recovered. Indeed, this is what occurred with the BEA's 1rst and 2nd Interim Report on the loss of AF447.

PJ2

* MH370, Asiana 991

Last edited by PJ2; 23rd Jun 2016 at 16:32.