PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2002-2008)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2003, 04:31
ShenziRubani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helldog,
You're right in many points, there are not a lot of guys at 1000 TT and above who are going to take a C206 seat for a low salary. And I think I was in the office when your mate called and I heard the boss telling him he wanted 1000 mini. Although in the last 2 years, he employed 2 pilots with 250 and 350 TT. I do think that the position has been given to someone already, and that was the excuse.
I agree that the company had been looking for a 4040 and 406 pilot for quite a while. But the boss is very tough, and has his own principles and ideas on what he wants from a pilot. We even saw a guy with 1700 hours on 406 not making the cut (and getting stressed, leaving after 10 days). So, you're right, but you know him, he has a mind of his own, and that's the way he's been running the house and he makes good money.

I am the leaving 206 pilot, so will be in the bad books there for a while. Had a great time flying though, great experience and the guy is so knowledgeable, but I have mostly learn a lot from some of the other pilots, especially the Van drivers.

Salaams,