PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320/1 Autoland (Systems Sequencing)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 10:55
Uplinker

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts
Hi Bernoulli.

Our SOPs used to be that on LOC* PF checked and announced 'LOC star, course set', but now we don't officially mention the course at all.

I used to think it was just me being thick, (it still might be), but thanks to the Airbus and EASA way of doing things, our manuals are really difficult to navigate through and find information.

Any subject we are told about seems to have between 3-7 separate references in the books. Why can't they group everything relating to each subject in one place :- how the system works, the SOPs, the task sharing, the calls, failure modes, diagrams, the limitations etc? So if one wanted to learn about something, everything would be in the one chapter.

Also, things are not explained very clearly. We get a huge thick pack about the next new thing, say, GNSS or FLS which seems baffling and complicated, but when you actually use the system on the line it is quite simple.

As you say, 'they' keep changing everything as well. So, sorry, I don't have the info you need, but at least I now know it is not just me being thick !

One thing you could try though is find an obscure fact deep in the manuals and casually drop it into the conversation. That might make the TRE think that you know or have read at least as much as they have and they might stop giving you such a hard time !