PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES Interview what is happening there??
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 09:34
kirungi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pablo2973, commiserations and better luck next time. There is always another open door as one closes. Take sometime to look around carefully or perhaps you might have to use another "key" to open that same door (EK) you want to get through.

One of my greatest life experiences is that failure is a sign of effort and I would never point a finger elsewhere to justify it but rather to myself (one finger points away as three fingers point back at you). It's never colour, race, religion, et la but rather I not being good enough on that occasion. So I have always prepared well for this sort of thing to give myself the best possible chance to succeed. There is no way an exceptional candidate can be turned back even if there "is something there" as you have put it. So don't give anybody that chance if you think so. Now that you know what to expect at the assessment, give yourself enough preparation and overwhelm the assessor and the rest will be history.

That aside, I know of many pilots Emirates has recruited from Africa more recently. I can understand your disposition on why success hasn't turned to your side but it might be a question aptitude on the day of assessment and nothing to do with your personality at all but meeting the challenge before you on assessment.

Emirates needs pilots from any part of the world and if their requirements are met they will take you.

Last edited by kirungi1; 23rd Jun 2016 at 09:46.